Sunday, April 24, 2016

RIVER FOG WITH REDBIRD





















It's chilly out this morning, 39˚F as I write, though predicted to warm considerably by midday. The sun is bright and the sky a high, cloudless blue. Because the temperature of the air above the river is cooler than that of the water, a silky veil of fog has been created—soft, ethereal, lovely. I decided to make a photo or two before the rising sun burned this temporary overlay away. 

That red bit in the upper center of the image is a male cardinal who was singing loudly the whole time I stood on the deck fiddling with the camera. 

I saw him sitting there, heard him of course (you can't NOT hear a redbird singing 20 feet away!) but never thought to include the bird in my photo. Guess my pre-coffee brain couldn't handle dealing with multiple compositional elements. That he ended up in the shot anyway was only by accident. 

Alas, no artistic decision was employed…just dumb luck. 

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Grizz! Wow, old friend, how on earth have you been? Thanks for the comment on my blog post. It's nice to be back and to see that some people are still here.

Grizz………… said...

Jayne…

Aside from the fact that I seem to be getting older and more decrepit, along with the usual ups and downs, I'm doing well. Dealing with my stuff. But still on the green side of the grass, and thankful for each and every blessing…of which, there are more than I deserve. I'm glad to see your post. I've wondered how things were going, how Sam was doing. Stay in touch!